The Trussville Municipal Jail is located at 131 Main Street, and is in the same building as the Administrative Division of the Police Department. The jail is staffed twenty-four (24) hours a day and is capable of housing as many as thirty-two (32) inmates. Inmates are held in the municipal jail for various Misdemeanor offenses, which include but are not limited to; shoplifting, assault, DUI, failure to appear in Court or failure to comply with the orders of the Court and domestic violence. The Court may sentence an inmate to serve up to six months in jail for some Misdemeanor offenses. The Trussville Municipal Jail also houses people suspected of committing Felony crimes. These Felony crime suspects may be held in our jail for forty-eight (48) hours without court approval. The Trussville Municipal Jail may be contacted twenty-four (24) hours a day by calling (205) 655-2101. Please scroll down for information on visiting and bond procedures.
Tours of the facility are available for organized groups such as Boy or Girl Scouts, School or Kindergarden classes. For further information or to schedule a tour please contact Lieutenant Jeff Bridges by email or phone (205) 661 4018. Tours are not conducted during inmate visiting or meal hours.
Family or Friends
Visiting hours are: Thursday and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. till 3:00 p.m.
Clergy: Clergy members are scheduled to visit on Sundays from 7:00 a.m. till 9:00 a.m. and Wednesdays from 5:00 p.m. till 7:00 p.m. Clergy may also be authorized to visit specific inmates at any time when deemed appropriate and approved by the supervisor on duty.
Attorneys: Attorneys may consult with their clients whenever necessary circumstances permitting.
Rules for Visiting
- No more than one (1) visitor per inmate shall be allowed in the visiting room at one time.
- Inmates are limited to a total of two (2) visitors per visiting day.
- Visitation is limited to fifteen (15) minutes per visitor.
- Visitors shall be especially careful to refrain from using profane or obscene language during visitation. Inmates or visitors who use such language will be given one (1) warning. Additional violations will result in cancellation of visitation for the inmate and visitor.
- Inmates are not permitted to have snacks or food items brought by visitors. Corrections personnel will not accept these items.
- Inmates may have visitors bring money, limited clothing or reading material. The visitor bringing money for an inmate will be given a receipt for the money, which will include the name of the visitor as well as the name of the inmate.
- The use of tobacco products is prohibited in all City buildings and considered jail contraband.
- No person who is, or reasonably appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to visit inmates.
- Both inmate and visitors visitation privileges may be denied for violations of this policy.
Whenever someone is arrested and booked into the Trussville Municipal Jail on a misdemeanor offense they are given the opportunity to post a bond. The bond amount is determined by a bond schedule which is approved by the court. If they are charged with a Felony offense, they can not post bond until they are transferred to the Jefferson County Jail and Bail is set.
If you wish to post bond for a Trussville inmate charged with a misdemeanor offense, during regular business hours you shoud see one of the magistrates on duty. Their office is in the City Administrative offices located in the front of City Hall. After regular business hours the Jailer on duty will take care of you. There are three methods to post bond:
- Property Bond: A person who owns real property and resides within Alabama may bring their tax receipt and deed to the Jail. All persons whose names appear on the deed must be present to sign the property bond. There is no exchange of money when posting a property bond. Should the defendant fail to appear in court, the Court will take action against the property owner for collection of the bond as well as any expsenses incurred in the collection process.
- Cash Bond: A person may post a cash bond. This must be U.S. currency, or a valid money order payable to Trussville Municipal Court. You will be given a receipt in the name of the inmate for the bond you post. Upon disposition of the case any portion of the bond remaining will be returned to the defendant. If the inmate fails to appear in court when scheduled the bond will be forfeited, and a warrant isued for their arrest. A new bond will be required upon their subsequent arrest.
- Bail Bondsman: A Bail Bonding company is a commercial endeavor by a company whose business is posting bonds for immates. Bail Bonding Companies are not affiliated with the City of Trussville, however they must be licensed with the City and appvoved by the Municipal Court to post bonds in Trussville. Bail Bonding Companies charge a percentage of the bond to perform this service. Those fees and the procedures will be discussed and explained to you by the bonding agent. Please scroll down for list of currently approved Bail Bond companies.
|J & J Bail Bonding Inc.||205 594 4994|
|Alabama Bail Bonds||205 987 8885|
|A & S Bail Bonds Inc.||205 251 0479|
|A ABC Bail Bonds||205 252 2020|
|Bond James Bond Inc.||205 655 2960|
|Bamn Bail Bonging Inc.||205 826 1226|
|Paridigm Bail Bond||205 222 0950|
|First Choice Bail Bonds Inc.||205 655 8861|
|Agent Bail Bond Inc.||205 823 2663|
|Harmon's Bonding||205 338 2800|
|ABC Bail Bonding Co.||205 250 7060|
|Alternative Justice Bail Bonding Agency Inc.||205 425 0738|
The above list contains the name and telephone number of all Bail Bonding companies currently licensed and approved by the Trussville Municipal Court to post Bail Bonds within the City. These companies are not affiliated with the City of Trussville and this list is provided soley as a convenience to friends and family members of inmates in the Trussville City Jail. The list is in random order. No warrant is made that the services provided or the fees accessed by any of the above companies are better than that of other companies appearing on the list.