Trussville Police Dept is hosting a FREE “Patrol Interdiction Class”. Put on by the; Multijurisdictional Counterdrug Task Force Training Facility.
Course length: 3 days (24 hours CEU’s available)
Date: August 1 – 3, 2012
MCTFT Coordinator: Gail Walker (727) 344-8020 or Sgt. Herb Rosenbaum, (205) 288-9177, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Trussville Civic Center, 5381 Trussville-Clay Rd, Trussville
This course will train patrol officers on the newest trends in narcotic investigations and will increase their awareness of possible criminal activity during routine patrol and traffic stop encounters. This course will provide the information and practical techniques that will assist officers in drug-related cases from inception to the courtroom.
- Identify personal, squad and investigative strategies that will maximize officer safety.
- Identify legal aspects of citizen encounters, vehicle stops, arrest, search and seizure.
- Identify elements of nonverbal communication that may indicate deception or impending violence.
- Identify indicators of drug concealment during a vehicle stop.
- Identify potential compartments in vehicles for drug concealment.
- Recognize indicators and hazards of a clandestine lab.
- Identify elements of professional law enforcement testimony.
Overview of topics
- Mindset of the Patrol Officer
- Introduction to Legal Issues
- Interviews and Body Language
- The Complete Vehicle Stop
- Vehicle Searches and Hidden Compartments
- Clandestine Laboratory Recognition and Hazards
- Courtroom Demeanor and Testimony
This course is also available online, at; http://www.mctft.com/traditional_training/view_course.aspx?pID=PDOX0144
To register for a class, call the contact listed below: Sgt Herb Rosenbaum, (205) 288-9177, or email: email@example.com